viernes, 20 de noviembre de 2009

Day 05 - Nara

I fell asleep. Normal, after the bad night because of the saké. I hav no body ... I can´t even have breakfast. So, running to the station to take the train to Nara. I thought I had the wrong train, because we were just the drunk guy on the front row, and another that went a bit worse at the bottom ...


I seem to be good uh? The back not so much ... (enlarge)

Nara is one of the most important tourist destinations of Japan due to the large number of ancient temples and well maintained. The temples and ruins in Nara are part of the World Heritage of UNESCO. Another attraction is its huge park where hundreds of sacred deer roam freely (they are considered messengers of the gods).


Shita (sacred deers).

An important fact is that Nara was in the Nara period (710-784) capital of Japan, during which he built most of their temples.

And after this brief introduction, I come to Nara at 09:30, and the tour desk offers me a free guide to show me the town. Perfect! So I will not lose much time, and I can also speak a little.


Way of the tourist way to pick up Shino, a 2x years old students who likes to show Nara to practice languages (English, evil-minded).






House into the park, dedicated to the tea ceremony.



Tōdai-ji

It is a Buddhist temple that houses a giant statue of "Buddha that shines throughout the world as the sun", known simply as the Daibutsu (Great Buddha). Even having been rebuilt 2 times due to fire caused by war, making it a 33% smaller than the original, holds the world record to be the largest wooden building in the world.


The original temple, and its subsequent reconstruction.


Shino and me with the Todai-ji in the background. When it leaves
open
the window that is seen in the background, you can see the head
of the Daibutsu
through it.





Hello Shino! This blog is also dedicated to you! Thank you very much for all!

Once you have visited Nara, let's eat. After inviting a hot chocolate Shino and say goodbye to her, I go to eat my first Okonomiyaki, which is basically a body with various ingredients cooked on the grill. Commonly called "Japanese pizza," has absolutely nothing to do with the pizza we know. You can prepare yourself and you can add ingredients as you want. I'm thinking that this kind of restaurant would succeed in Spain.


Okonomiyaki

After lunch, I go to Fushimi Inari, to visit one of their most important temples.








Temple an five-storied pagoda.



In Fushimi Inari, the most attractive thing is this toori red corridor, but I didn´t have time to visit it, because it was dark, it was raining... A pity not to have come half hour before. But I leave here a wonderful picture of Mr. Google.


To infinity and far ago...

Well, it's time to return to the station. Cool. I miss the last bus to the station for 1 minute. It start rainning. It´s cold. Noooo! But I get to Kyoto. And the night, a nice surprise awaits me. Kyoto Tower, which for the day it was unnoticed, is now facing the station in all its glory.


Cool!

From here, to have dinner and sleep. Tomorrow more (and better).

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario